Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Now THAT'S More Like It

I am happy to see Harper finally getting his feet stable. His start out of the gate was pretty bad, but it looks like things may be turning around.

This story reflects exactly the kind of changes that many many Albertan's were looking for. I saw Harper with his son on the TV while watching the Senator's game the other night. I was very pleased to see that he paid for his own tickets, instead of getting some freebies from lobbyists or those who would like to influence him.

And quite frankly, I would rather see $1,000 go to reducing our tax burden then furnishing the NAC with good optics by having "those of influence" being sent on the taxpayer dollar. Interesting how many bow out now that THEY have to pay their own way!

All I can say is YEAH ... and LONG OVERDUE!

Now THAT is more like it!!

4 Comments:

At Wed May 10, 05:09:00 PM MDT, Blogger Canadian Sentinel said...

Expect more good stuff to come. I do.

Still waiting for all special interest funding to come to an end.

Bet a lot of leftist lobby groups would immediately shut down without the generous transfers of other peoples' money via the Libranos, who enjoy having those folks go before the MSM to say mean things about the Conservatives...

As far as I'm concerned, there's only one special interest group deserving of attention: the taxpayers!!!!!

Under the Libranos, special interest groups would've continued to pop up and get our money to promote whatever "interests" they have... such as perhaps:

"Jihadist Rights Commission"

"Non-Bathing Polka Dancers' Anti-Defamation League"

"Equality for Bestialists Canada"

"Pederast Rights Front"

"Foundation for the Advancement of Fat Slobs"

"Nose Pickers' and Butt Scratchers' Council for Human Rights"

"Movement For the Promotion of a Nudist Pride Parade in All Cities"

Plus this one which applies to myself: "Guys Who Spend Too Much of Their Free Time Blogging"

And gawd knows what else...

 
At Thu May 11, 09:57:00 AM MDT, Blogger W.L. Mackenzie Redux said...

The more I see Harper's actions in office the more I'm convinced I made the right decision voting for him and working so hard to get him elected party leader....the man is shaping up as a True Canadian statesman as opposed to the corrupt sniveling weasel-boy politicos we have come to know as the norm in Canada;s devolved governing institutes.

 
At Thu May 11, 06:46:00 PM MDT, Blogger ABFreedom said...

Ha..... the leeches can't get a free meal, so they don't go ... I'm hoping Harper cranks it up another notch, and I think it will come after the AG report comes out next week.

 
At Thu May 11, 10:27:00 PM MDT, Blogger Richard said...

Hey Aiz!!! Yup, we're overdue for a few beer. Are you going to arrange it or should I?

I'll see what I can do to help your amigo in the am luv.

:)

Cheers

Richard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter