Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Loved It, Yeah Yeah Yeah

Greg took me to see Rain, the Beatles Tribute Band, last night as part of my birthday present.

I must say that I really enjoyed the show. It's weird in a way, because you are going to a play ... that's a rock concert.

The actors performed a variety of songs from the Beatles anthology, and dressed in appropriate garb, depending upon the period of time that they were playing.

Both Greg and I thought we got value for the money ($40/ticket for a 2.5 hour show). They were entertaining, although not totally captivating ... but nonetheless got us involved in many of their songs; they played the roles well.. even down to "Ringo" holding up those banner signs that he actually did while on concert; and they had a visually entertaining video montage of actual Beatle footage, combined with their own photo's and videos.

All in all, I would highly recommend seeing them if they come to you part of town. The only warning I can give you is that you have GOT to like the Beatles... cause that's all they play!

4 Comments:

At Thu Jan 12, 08:34:00 AM MST, Blogger Gayle said...

Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Happy birthday dear Aizlynnnnnnnne!
Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

I wish they would come to my town and bring rain (real rain)! It's been so long since it rained here I've forgotten what it looks like!

 
At Thu Jan 12, 09:37:00 AM MST, Blogger Aizlynne said...

Thanks Gayle ... it isn't until the 30th, it was an early present. But I appreciate the song nonetheless!

 
At Thu Jan 12, 11:03:00 AM MST, Blogger Gayle said...

You're just extremely lucky you couldn't hear me singing it! :)

 
At Thu Jan 12, 11:39:00 AM MST, Blogger Junker said...

If you're a big Beatles fan, you might enjoy the parody/tribute band Eric Idle(of Monty Python) put together many years ago.

Called "The Rutles". Their albums were endearing, mocking, and somehow entertaining in their own right. I get a kick out of em.

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000348L/qid=1137090835/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl74/702-2182094-7940809

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter