Saturday, December 03, 2005

Calgary Blogger Meet & Greet

Today was the first annual Calgary blogger meet and greet, held at the Ranchman's. It was a great success and I was impressed how hearty these bunch were for braving -19C weather to attend (not that the free booze and food weren't helpful in persuading us to trek outside today).

Greg and I hooked up with Richard from Cannuckistan Chronicles who was hosting the event. Richard's open invitation also afforded Greg and I the chance to meet some other proud Westerners who are also desirous of accountability from all levels of government like Mike R from Project Alberta.

I've always enjoyed Mike's site and after meeting him we know why! Mike's passion for a better Alberta is infectious! His busy life (he's got a 5 week old!!) still doesn't prevent him from giving his time to bettering not only his life, but those of his children and their children. If you haven't already joined the discussion at Project Alberta, what in the heck are you waiting for! Mike has one of the best forums around.

Rob from Bumfonline fame also attended. Originally from Saskatoon, this brillant and funny young man says he loves living in Alberta. (So do I Rob!!). I look forward to seeing you again in January!

John, an avid blog traveller was an absolute delight to chat with. His ardor for western canadian reform and it's achievability within Canada has merit and is something that should be discussed further. Perhaps I can convince him to write occassional articles on Exposed Agenda?? Whadda ya say John??

I also wanted to say thanks again to Harold for stopping by. The laughter and bantering coming from our table was what prompted Harold to ask in the first place if we were the blogging group. Hopefully we were able to show him that we weren't wingnuts and wackjobs after all... just a grassroots group trying to make change. Please stop by my comments Harold and say hi. I look forward to chatting with you again in January.

Although no pictures are available of today's event, I did promise Rob and Mike that I would post Jean Jean ... the groupie that was following Richard around at the Alliance Leadership convention. So here she is ... Jean Jean.














(Ah Richard... I had to do that ... lol)


A second meet & greet is being planned for January for a pre-election Kick The Liberals Out party. Hope you can come!

6 Comments:

At Sun Dec 04, 12:02:00 AM MST, Blogger DazzlinDino said...

A politicl groupie???? Bizarre, I picture hundreds of old ladies throwing their panties at Chretien.....ick....

 
At Sun Dec 04, 07:02:00 PM MST, Blogger Justthinkin said...

Oh puke...Thanks DD. That mental pics worse than the Screech!!

 
At Sun Dec 04, 09:27:00 PM MST, Blogger Mike said...

Awwwww... Richard already has groupies! Lucky guy... :(

Well, it was certainly a great time. Free food and beer on top of it! I really enjoyed meeting everyone there! I can't wait for the next one in January!

I still think we should have a Calgary and area blogger/commenter paintball match! ;)

 
At Sun Dec 04, 11:43:00 PM MST, Blogger Katie said...

I came across your name on the projectalberta.com web site. We have just launched Albertans for Responsible Goverment (www.albertaagenda.org). It is a branc of the National Citizens Organization.

I would suggest you might like to join (annual membership fee is $135).

I can be called at 403-561-7197
Katie W. Robinette
Director, Albertans for Responsible Government

And I'd be interested in the 2nd bloggers meet and greet. Katie

 
At Mon Dec 05, 07:15:00 AM MST, Blogger darcey said...

Sorry I missed it - had a last minute family issue - hope to make the next one

 
At Wed Dec 07, 10:17:00 AM MST, Blogger Sycorax said...

Maybe I can make the one in Jan.!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter