Sunday, October 16, 2005

Psychic Phenomena ... Real or Imagination??

With Halloween coming soon (which just happens to be one of my favorite times of year), there are lots of TV programs on this month, with topics ranging from ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activities, psychic mediumship, and the like.

Studies show that 48% of people believe in ghosts, paranormal activity, and reincarnation. That's a large number of people who have either experienced unexplained occurrences themselves, or know someone who has.

But do these things really exist? Or is it a vivid imagination, or psychological phenomena?? Perhaps is there some truth behind the folklore and ancient practices of witchcraft or being able to "talk to the dead"??



For centuries, people have been trying to predict the future in the stars. Today, many use tarot cards, crystal balls, numerology, and astrology as divination tools. You can call a 1-900 psychic line. You can get instant readings on-line. You can see them on TV.

But charlatan or seer????



The Amazing Randi, and 52% of those asked, think they are fake ... all of them. His Million Dollar Challenge, which psychic Sylvia Browne (who charges $500 per session) agreed to on Larry King Live has still gone unchallenged - 214 weeks later!

For the 48% who do believe, CAPI the Calgary chapter of paranormal investigators resides at this website. They have an investigative team who conducts paranormal research. They have their analysis posted, and the site also includes a forum, of which I am a member, and links to other sites of interest.

Whether you believe or not, one thing is for sure, paranormal studies will continue to be deliberated for a long time.

P.S. Got an interesting story you want to share?? Got an opinion?? I'd love to hear about it!

10 Comments:

At Mon Oct 17, 04:02:00 PM MDT, Blogger ABFreedom said...

Don't know, never paid any attention to that stuff. That's probably why the moonbat population grew as big as it did... ;-)

 
At Mon Oct 17, 04:05:00 PM MDT, Blogger Justthinkin said...

I'd give you my opinion, but this cold hand keeps swatting my fingers off the damm keyboard. Anyhoo...IMHO...there is something out there. Whether it is a physical entity on a different plain, or simply our overactive imaginations, I'm not sure. I can't see gravity, but I can feel its effects, so maybe this is along those lines. How,where,why, and to whon it manifests itself,well, one of the mysteries we may never know,at least not until we become the phenomenom ourselves.(and where are those darn awards??..lol)

 
At Mon Oct 17, 04:50:00 PM MDT, Blogger Junker said...

Overactive imaginations, definetly. Other than that, my position on the matter can be summed up neatly, as follows:

I've little fear of the paranormal because, in my mind, nothing exists that can't be promptly put in its place with the right firearm. In this, I take solace.

:)

 
At Mon Oct 17, 05:35:00 PM MDT, Blogger Candace said...

I'm with JT. For example, last Xmas my daughter was in a choir concert at Edm's oldest school (McKay, I think it's called). We were walking up the street (evening) and we both took one look, then looked at each other & she said what I was thinking "that place HAS to be haunted" - apparently paranormal groups spend lots of time there. There's a picture where one woman (in a group photo) is supposed to blink (I didn't watch when the guide pointed out which one, just in case), and "they say" that furniture is often redistributed by "Peter".

Heebie jeebies.

Mind you, I've been told I'm hysterical, so wtf do I know?

 
At Mon Oct 17, 07:08:00 PM MDT, Blogger Justthinkin said...

I'd give you my opinion, but this cold hand keeps swatting my fingers off the damm keyboard. Ever get deja-vu???

Candace..lol on the hysterical.

 
At Mon Oct 17, 09:27:00 PM MDT, Blogger ABFreedom said...

ROFL .. i don't think Justthinkin was talking about gravity in a paranormal kind of way ... LOL

 
At Tue Oct 18, 12:35:00 PM MDT, Blogger TonyGuitar said...

I heard a woman's screams from an old well on old homestead near Souris S. end of P.E.I. It was real all right..

Lots of thoughts about that, comes up with possible air channel from the well wall opening out to the cliffs.
Explanations are good for the sake of sanity.. eh?

It's very spooky in Ottawa though.

C'mon, it's time to 'fess up. Libranos and NDP are both lame and badly hamstrung. They are a coalition. Not open and official, but a dependant partnership-ship all the same.

That's why real honest Liberals are voting in their own interest when they vote CPC for this one time coming up.

It will give the Liberanos a chance to move away from organized crime connections, elect a new, *Clean* leader, and regain some measure of respect.

It's not that there are no honest Liberals. It is simply a case of people who are earning the best income they ever had, along with expense accounts and bonuses
are naturally not going to stick their necks out for honesty and lose everything.

Good Whistle-Blower Protection law would change all that.

Are you beginning to see how important Bill C-11 is? It takes a while before it becomes really clear. At least it did for me. 73s TG

= Warning ! =

Skype. Lets you talk instantly on the net for free.
That’s Great!…but get your own information on Skype

Do not accept or open Email RE: Skype.
Since October 16th… new Trojan

Details: http://My.Opera.com/T-G/
TG

 
At Tue Oct 18, 04:54:00 PM MDT, Blogger Aizlynne said...

I've had a few experiences, along with who ever else was with me at the time. Could have been these mass hypnosis kinda thing, and overactive imaginations are ripe for sure, but I think there is that "intangible" element that we don't know about... and won't for sure until we die.

As for the awards, I finally talked my kid into finishing the Rooster one .. it's the only one left. She is begrudgingly working on it as I type.

This is gonna cost me ... I just know it! :)

 
At Tue Oct 18, 05:25:00 PM MDT, Blogger W.L. Mackenzie Redux said...

Who needs holloween, spooks, ghouls,vmapires and werewolves with the Librano crime syndicate around? They make me shiver just considering their supernatural ability for sucking the blood from us. Hey, with the new inheritence tax Count Paulie Librano ( the head vampire) was pondering, they will be able to rob you beyond the grave.

As Count Floyd would say...verrrry scary!

 
At Wed Oct 19, 06:44:00 PM MDT, Blogger DazzlinDino said...

How come no one was ever some poor slob in a pat life, they were always rich and influential people? No one was bob the blacksmith, who had no wife and diad at the age of 31.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter