Sunday, September 11, 2005

Louis Vuitton Purses Easing Katrina Evacuees Anquish

Well, it was only a matter of time before we started seeing these low-life's taking advantage of the generosity of those who gave money to help the victims of Katrina.

You know what, I can't afford one of those pursues that retails for about $800 US. In fact, the $100 my family donated to the Red Cross to help them was probably a bit more than we could afford right... but we, like many of you, wanted to do something to help all of those left homeless and in need of our help.

Just as bad though is the store clerks who took the cards. The right thing to do (which in my opinion would have been to refuse the card) was overshadowed by their desire for the money that the sale bought them.

I just hope that my $100 wasn't used to buy a purse.

8 Comments:

At Sun Sep 11, 11:34:00 AM MDT, Blogger DazzlinDino said...

All I could do was shake my head, words escaped me....

 
At Sun Sep 11, 12:00:00 PM MDT, Blogger v said...

Wow...just...wow.

 
At Sun Sep 11, 12:01:00 PM MDT, Blogger ABFreedom said...

I guess your going to get a certain percentage that make it bad for everyone else no matter what you do. They'll probably tighten restrictions on the card for the future I would hope.

 
At Sun Sep 11, 12:16:00 PM MDT, Blogger Candace said...

The sad thing is, from what I hear, not everyone who NEEDS the 2k is getting it and judging from this, some who don't are. I believe Bush's approach is he'd rather have some get it that don't need it than the reverse.

And if I worked in the Louis Vitton store, I'd have refused the card on principal and damn the consequences.

 
At Sun Sep 11, 12:30:00 PM MDT, Blogger Paul said...

This is what I mean about organizations who receive this money must give an accounting of it's use. It's not enough to pour millions into them and never know how much was collected, what it was used on and how much was unspent.
People will vow never to contribute their money again seeing things like this.
I would have refused the card too and gave the holder a piece of my mind and my manager too if they didn't like it. What crap!

 
At Sun Sep 11, 02:09:00 PM MDT, Blogger Taylor said...

Any clerk that sold one of those Louis Vuitton purses should have been fired. As well, the person trying to use those cards for such a purchase should have been arrested and charged with fraud. I am not surprised at the greed of human nature, but still find it hard to believe a human being in their right mind would be part of such a pathetic transaction.

Taylor

 
At Sun Sep 11, 02:10:00 PM MDT, Blogger Taylor said...

http://taylorismyname.blogspot.com/

 
At Sun Sep 11, 02:12:00 PM MDT, Blogger Justthinkin said...

No big surprise here,still,it's pathetic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter