Sunday, September 11, 2005

Going "Postal" In Ottawa

Oh the fun just never ends folks. Remember the gibberish about western alienation and a PM who vowed to end it?? So do I.

But if that is the goal, then I have but one question to ask. Why is my postal code used to discrimate against me if I apply for civil service work in Ottawa?

The answer is alphabetical Watson.



They only offer federal jobs to those in the G-P code zone. If your code falls within the R-Y codes, you can't work with the feds in Ottawa. They don't even bother to check credentials, you get sent to the auto shredder (if they even bother to shred it).

Keeping this in mind, even Swannie McLellan wouldn't qualify for a job in Ottawa. (Now hows that for representation Edmonton! An MP who allows job discrimation of the very people who elect her. I'm not sure who the bigger fool is, her - or the people that keep electing her!)

If you still think that perhaps today is April 1 and Aiz is pulling a fast one on you - think again. You can check out the whole article here.

Just another fine example of the Liberal's empty promises to include the West.

3 Comments:

At Sun Sep 11, 10:20:00 AM MDT, Blogger ABFreedom said...

Yup, that's just great. Unless your from Ontario, your a second class citizen.

 
At Sun Sep 11, 11:36:00 AM MDT, Blogger DazzlinDino said...

I read this a few days ago, it was no big surprise. If we can't get a fair senate, I hardly expect any other Albertan to get a job on the hill......

 
At Sun Sep 11, 05:24:00 PM MDT, Blogger Paul said...

I visited here on this one a couple of hours ago, I'm back and I'm still standing here speechless. All I can say right now is, what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter