Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Orleans Is Sinking Man .... And I Don't Wanna Swim



Bourbon blues on the street, loose and complete,
Under skies all smoky blue green,
I can't forsake a dixie dead shake,
So we danced the sidewalk clean.
My memory is muddy,
What's this river that I'm in?
New Orleans is sinking man,
And I don't wanna swim.
- Tragically Hip


Rather prophetic lyrics from a Canadian rock band, but it has become a reality - and the pictures tell the tale.




The Red Cross is keeping an eye on things. Right now, they are not seeking Canadian monetary donations, but of course, that could change.

My prayers are with all Americans, especially those who are still waiting to hear word on their loved ones. Mine are safe... but we know many other families are still wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter