Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricane Horror

My heart goes out to everyone affected by Hurricane Katrina. I've had a hard time keeping away from the news broadcasts as I have family in the area and today the devestation is worse than yesterday!

To all my American friends, I hope you and your loved ones are safe. Having just watched my in-laws go through a devestating flood and severe damage, I can understand the shock and horror. It's hard watching the story unfold without feeling extreme sympathy for what these people are experiencing, many who are dirt poor and have nowhere to go.

Blogging will be light for the next few days as I have family visiting and we are watching the news constantly to see how bad the damage is and see if we can get a glimpse of things in Biloxi where my cousin and her family are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter