Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Movie Tag

Candace at Planet X has tagged me on movies this time. Well this is a little more current for me (the book tag wasn't because I spend more time reading blogs then books! lol).


Childhood Years
HR Puffenstuff, anything ghostly or haunted house related (ie 13 Ghosts; Baron Blood)

Teen Years
Cheech and Chong (well... never mind)
Animal House (in keeping with Cheech and Chong)

Swinging Single Years
American Deerhunter
Rocky Horror Picture Show (and YES I did dress up - Magenta was my character of choice)

Married Years
Disney Movies (all of them at least 10 times...)
Personal Favs: Anything with Tom Hanks (BIG, Forest Gump), Schindlers List, Memento (a great movie done backwards ... )

Recently
Lord of the Rings (the complete trilogy)
Southpark Team America (take that you terrorist)
Passion of the Christ (had to watch it twice since I cried almost through it all the first time)

All Time Favorite
That's a tough choice because there have been sooo many great movies. But if I was going to get prodded for picking one it would probably be Lord of the Rings.


So now you know where my warped mind has been/where it is going.

Now on to tag a few of my fellow bloggers:

Jamie @ Crittermusings
Bill @ Reformer's Firebran
Richard @ Cannuckistan Chronicles

2 Comments:

At Thu Jul 28, 12:44:00 PM MDT, Blogger Lex Luthor said...

Anyone who picks Memento as a favorite is awesome by me.... one of the few films still on my "to buy" list.

 
At Fri Jul 29, 07:26:00 AM MDT, Blogger W.L. Mackenzie Redux said...

Aizlynne said: " I never pictured you for a reefer madness kinda guy. Maybe we passed each other once when I was coming out of the adjoining theatre after watching Cheech and Chong! lol"


WLM: Funny how that works out....I'm a great fan of the western genre, and both Eastwood and Costner have moved the genre into the new century with some starkly human tales...but it's still the schlocky stuff that entertains and gets my all time favorite vote....Ed Wood's "Glen or Glenda" had to be the greatest influence in the "cult classics" genre with "Reefer madness" a close second...I guess the thing that makes them so timelessly endearing is that they come off as dark comedy because of the obvious manipulation they try to pull from a naive audience...they preach to the unwashed masses and in a more informed age the propaganda seems humorously bizarre....In the future we will see the same cult following for Mike Moore's classic tinfoil hat propaganda films. Michael Moore is this decade's Ed Wood Jr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter