Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Heroes Leaving for Kandahar

I just want to take a few minutes to wish 40 of our heroes well as they embark on their security mission in Afghanistan.

The troops, who will be stationed in Kandahar, flew out of Edmonton yesterday after a send off from General Rick Hillier. They are the first of a total of 250 from the 3rd battalion of the PPCLI. They will provide security for the Afghans who are trying to stabilize the region in order to rebuild their country.

They help people like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"These men and women are well trained". We know that everything has been put in place to reduce the risk of casualties - you just can't reduce the risk to zero", stated Hillier. (For those of you who don't know, the PPCLI is being stationed in one of the most violent and unstable regions in the Middle East).

Here is some of the work they do:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These selfless acts of heroism do not go unnoticed on the Exposed Agenda. My hat goes off to these champions of freedom.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

At Wed Jul 20, 10:09:00 AM MDT, Blogger Paul said...

Thank you Canada. Thanks to each family who watched their loved one leave with fear and worry.
May the troops be given the best equipment and not used by PMPM to secure his position which is what I think is being done.
That takes nothing away from the respect I have for your men and women in uniform. It is at it's utmost.

 
At Wed Jul 20, 01:52:00 PM MDT, Blogger Aizlynne said...

Well Paul - not to tip my own touque - but did you notice these are Alberta boys going over?

 
At Wed Jul 20, 02:13:00 PM MDT, Blogger Paul said...

No, I didn't aizlynne but why does that not surpris me? I don't suppose many East of Alberta think about military life, keeps them from marching in Gay Parades and things.
I'll be keeping my eye out for news of your soldiers and may that it all be good.
Thanks for telling me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter