Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Feds Funding Prisoner Travels

My grandmother, god bless her, is 90 this year. She lives in Cornwall, ON where she grew up her whole life. When she eventually passes, will my financial circumstances allow me to go to her funeral? I am not confident of this.

But if I was in prison than this would be a no-brainer. Not only would you, the taxpayer, pick up the tab for my first class flight, you also pick up my hotel and meals. You also pick up the tab of the salary, hotel and meals for the guards choosen to go with me.

Violent offender? No prob - they send me with guards that aren't even equipped to protect themselves should I turn on them in a bid for my freedom. Steve Sullivan, who is President of the Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime calls bullshit - and so do I. "The cost to taxpayers, potential security breaches and a sense of injustice are of prime concern". (Now there's a guy with his head on his shoulders).

Bleeding heart Liberal comment: "It is important to maintain a connection to family and community".

Libertarian Reality: Do you think the perp gave a rats about the community or victim when they committed the crime?

So unless I am prepared to commit a crime to get first class accommodations and flights, I will have to hope that I can afford the cheap fares on the thrift airlines and hunker down with family in their homes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

At Wed Jul 20, 10:04:00 AM MDT, Blogger Paul said...

I know I comment too much but you crack me up, not the post, that is unbelieveably true, but the definition of Liberal that you "found". Funnnnnnny.

Yes, all the goodwill and love the Liberals show comes out of our paychecks; something they show no goodwill toward at all.

 
At Wed Jul 20, 10:25:00 AM MDT, Blogger Aizlynne said...

You can comment on anything, anytime Paul. I am glad I can brighten your day.

I try to use the same technique the MSM does in order to leave a "lasting impression". lol

 
At Wed Jul 20, 10:49:00 AM MDT, Blogger Lex Luthor said...

Great posting and just another reason that the system (political, justice, etc.) is in need of a good overhaul. Love the defination too!

As for you flying... I'm pretty sure most of the airlines have a reduced rate (the exact term is escaping me) for those that have to fly on short notice for things like funerals.

 
At Wed Jul 20, 12:20:00 PM MDT, Blogger v said...

The amount of money the federal government spends on air transportation is astounding. They always pay retail too; when I took a cross Canada trip on The Feds a dozen years ago it cost them $1850 when the same ticket would normally go for ~$550 with 2 weeks notice.

A huge amount of Native spending - especially in addiction treatment - goes to transportation due to the remoteness of reservations, especially in the north. Surely the feds can get a better deal from the airlines.

 
At Wed Jul 20, 12:36:00 PM MDT, Blogger Paul said...

Ha! You use a different method and language than the MSM does, called the truth with wit. The MSM has forgotten.....well, okay they use lies with wit sometimes but I'll tell you the truth, when I do watch or read stories on the Left MSM my eyes glaze over or I get really P.O.'d as we can see what they are doing to try and influence us in a very bad way.
That is why I travel a daily road of 15 or 16 bloggers, often several times a day. To learn, to laugh, to enjoy and ponder, I suppose, not all news is good but you make one think.
Now, aren't you glad you started blogging???

 
At Wed Jul 20, 01:41:00 PM MDT, Blogger Aizlynne said...

Boy I sure am Paul. I gotta say the same ... have learned alot from other bloggers - even those on the left. After all, they give me great fodder for news items and if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be able to define insane.

 
At Wed Jul 20, 01:45:00 PM MDT, Blogger Aizlynne said...

Hey Lex:

Thanks for stopping by. I know they have compassionate fares, I was just using this as an example of how the gov't wastes money. I mean, couldn't they go coach like everyone else?

I popped over to your site. I like your article on Koyto - a good read for anyone interested in the different political spins - just the way I like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter