Monday, June 27, 2005

Flood Damage

In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that my out-laws suffered some losses during the last round of flooding. My hubby and I made our way out there on Saturday and were shocked. They have lost everything (except their outhouse if you can believe it!!).

I thought I would post a few pictures of what the flood damage did to them so you can see what I am talking about. It's just amazing the damage water does - truly amazing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This photo was taken of the mobile home on Wednesday last week. The picture angle was taken from where their driveway used to be. The trees you see have all but washed away downstream - this area is all river now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This picture was taken upstream from their place on Friday to show where the river is now going. You can see the roof of the trailer in the river.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Another picture of the trailer taken from upstream. See all those trees around it - they are all gone now. The trailer remains in this position, but with the forecast of more rain it will probably be gone totally by Wednesday this week.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This used to be their garden. The plastic triangle was a hothouse my father in-law grew pumpkins and other assorted vegies in.

5 Comments:

At Mon Jun 27, 05:46:00 PM MDT, Blogger Justthinkin said...

Geeezzzz...sorry about your out-laws place. I hope they qualify for some of Ralphie's largesse he's handing out.They did vote PC,didn't they?

 
At Mon Jun 27, 06:45:00 PM MDT, Blogger Aizlynne said...

LOL.. yeah they voted PC but I don't know what they will qualify for. The County is aleady giving them a hard time and their insurance ain't payin (Act of God).

 
At Tue Jun 28, 04:19:00 PM MDT, Blogger Candace said...

Why would the County be giving them a hard time?

And OF COURSE it was an Act of God, you didn't think the insurance companies were going to fork over $ when they knew the gov't was stepping up to the plate.

What is the point of insurance if NOT to cover things like this? I don't get it.

How are the outlaws holding out? They must be devastated.

 
At Tue Jun 28, 04:33:00 PM MDT, Blogger Candace said...

I'm just watching the ctv clip - my God, those poor people!

 
At Wed Jun 29, 09:47:00 AM MDT, Blogger Aizlynne said...

Hey Candace:

My mother in law is handling things much better than my Dad. He is much more materialistic so it's hitting him harder. Mom is taking the "it's replacable things" but to be honest they both look like hell. My Dad has this distant glaze constantly in his eyes and I don't know if Mom has even eaten anything in the past week.

They have been offered counselling, which is a good, but my Dad is pretty old fashioned and I can't seem him talking with someone about how this has affected him.

And yesterday's rain only exasperated an already desperate situtation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Sir Winston Churchill.

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter